Search This Blog

Monday, December 14, 2020


 I've neglected this blog over the last couple of months, mostly due to my concentrating solely on creating the audiobook for 2120. With the year 2020 on the way out though, things should start picking up again. Once the audiobook is out at the start of the new year, it will be full steam ahead on writing and finishing the first major book in the series, 2121.

This year may have been a horror show in all but name, but on a personal level things have gone in interesting and amazing ways that I never thought they would. I didn't plan on writing and releasing the prologue short novel, but it happened. I didn't plan on doing an audiobook for it, either. But due to the shorter length, the smaller number of characters needing voice actors, and the logistics of it all being easier, it all made sense.

There's only two characters left requiring their voices added to the audiobook, and then it will be up for pre-orders. I thought the original buzz of releasing my first ebook on Amazon Kindle was great, but audiobooks are taking off in such a big way that I've already had people asking about when 2120 releases. The interest compared to ebooks is phenomenal.

So far, I've yet to have anyone give me any really negative feedback on Solar Rift's characters, or 2120's story, or my writing for that matter. It will come, of that I'm sure. Being a laid back person, I'll take it all with good humour anyway. I think I might take a cue from Elon Musk - happily showing the world his rockets exploding, or Joe Abercrombie's twitter - revelling and posting the worst and most brutal reviews. 

Either way, I'm excited for the new year. With the added exposure of the audiobook, the full-length novel coming out, and hopefully some more artwork and videos, 2021 should be the perfect year for 2121's release. Hopefully more folks will fall in love with Raz and Namazu, or root for Zarina and Dieter to make it through their next scrape.

Considering how wildly off-plan this year went for Solar Rift, I hesitate to make ANY predictions for any of it. All I know is that I -will- be releasing 2121. No. Matter. What... I'm not going to end up being George R.R Martin.

No comments:

Post a Comment